- They slip onto a standard 1"x10", which is actually 3/4" x 9 1/4".
- You will need a pair of brackets for each shelf, so calculate the total cost to decide if it's worth the time-savings over other traditional joinery methods.
- The brackets have a strong brawny look to them, which I like, but it may not match everyone's decor.
- They do cover a lot of the wood, but I used this to my advantage to cover some unsightly defects.
- I like that they can be disassembled easily for finishing, and even re-purposed for a different project in the future.
Overall, this project was quick, fun, and turned out well, plus my wife likes it too! The brackets are great for beginner woodworkers or people with limited tools, because they pretty much guarantee a successful project.